Monday, October 17

Living with acne

I have acne. Some days it's good and some days it's very bad. Acne started when I hit puberty at the age of 11. I take after my father's side which seems to manifest itself the most. Living with acne is not easy, especially being a pro-Domme. So I often layer my face with make-up when I do have sessions. I lived with a low self-esteem due to my acne. For as long as I could remember I couldn't understand why "I" had acne in the family. My other siblings had fewer outbreaks then I did. There were times when I would get very depressed because of my not so perfect skin condition. Hopefully that will change soon.

I don't have a low self esteem anymore. Since I have learned to live with it and concentrate on other important things in my life. I friend and family who support me, I have a good sense of humour, I am an artist, I am doing what I love, I have complete control of my life, and I am my own boss.

But inspite of my acceptance of acne, I am still on the look for new ways to improve my skin. I bought myself a book which explains how to get rid of acne but the natural way, "Clear Skin" by Karen Jessett from acne-advice.com. I will give it a try since I no longer think than pills and creams will work on me. I've tried and it has failed me miserably. I hope that some day soon I will have clear skin, but until then I still feel like I am blessed and lucky.

No comments: